Hear you will find a collection of tips and tricks for playing, and having fun with Minecraft. We will be updating this section with more content soon, be sure to check back.
For now we have 18 Survival tips for any survival game you play, either in single player, or multiplayer.
- Only ever craft one wooden tool (a pickaxe), and use it to get stone to make other tools! Don’t waste your wooden planks on wooden tools!
- Never dig straight down as you can fall into a ravine or an underground lake of lava!
- Never dig straight up, since Gravel and Sand will suffocate you in matter of seconds!
- Found Diamond? Make sure it’s not touching any lava before you mine it!
- Don’t waste food! Only eat that cooked pork chop if there is 4 or more ‘Food Nuggets’ missing instead of eating it when only 1!
- Always remember that when you are playing Minecraft, there are creepers. You might forget their existence sometimes, happily mining underground, and then you turn around and one is in your face and makes you jump out of your chair as well as giving you a Minor hearth attack.
- If a skeleton shoots at you block with your sword.
- If the creeper is going to blow up, and there is no time to get away from it, look at it and block! Blocking against creeper explosions reduces a very high amount of explosive damage!
- Escaping a spider but cannot sprint? Walk backwards and punch at it, its leaping attack is faster than your walking speed!
- Don’t do risky jumps unless you are good at it (example a small lava lake or a ravine).
- Make sure that the jump you are about to do is possible.
- 1 spider, 1 creeper, 1 zombie and 1 skeleton all coming against you? Use your bow on the Creeper and the Skeleton to keep them away, and use your sword against the leaping spider and the zombie!
- Fighting an Endermen? Hit it in the legs, this highly reduces the chance of it to teleport away.
- To escape an Endermen just stand in water!
- Make sure water is 2 blocks deep before jumping in from a height or else you will still take fall damage.
- Keep in mind that Poison cannot kill you, but it takes you down to your last half heart, then any mob that hits you or any fall damage will kill you.
- Store your important items in an ender chest, creepers cannot destroy it, and other players cannot steal from you as it keeps each players items separate, also if you destroy it with items inside, you won’t have access to those items until you open a new one.
- Only break an ender chest with a pickaxe with the enchantment Silk Touch, because if you do it with any pickaxe that hasn’t Silk Touch on it, the chest will break into 8 pieces of obsidian and you have to get another eye of ender. The Silk Touch enchantment is only possible to get on pickaxes, what it does is to give you the exact block you mine. For example: Pickaxe on Stone: Gets Cobblestone. Pickaxe with Silk Touch on stone: Gets Stone, not Cobblestone. Same works with Ice, grass etc.